October Printables On Pumpkins
This month I joined in with a few bloggers to put together printables for pumpkins. Pumpkins are a favorite part of fall for me. I love decorating with them, large, small, tiny, they are so fun. Of course, I love baking with them too.
Here are a few printables I put together. My goal was to create some items for the older children. I hope I accomplished this. Please visit the other bloggers who also made printables.
This is The Pumpkin, a poem by John Greenleaf Whittier. It is a short but sweet study on the poem.
Download The Pumpkin by John Greenleaf Whittier
Okay, this is most likely for the younger crowd. The story of the Discontented Pumpkin has a lesson to be learned. It includes a spot for the student to illustrate the story and to tell its meaning.
You can also add scripture on being content. (kjv)
- Proverbs 17:22 – A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.
- Proverbs 14:30 – A sound heart is the life of the flesh: but envy the rottenness of the bones.
- 1Timothy 6:6-7 – 6. But godliness with contentment is great gain. 7. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.
- Philippians 4:11-13 – 11. Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. 12. I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. 13. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
Download The Discontented Pumpkin
This reading selection about pumpkins can be used along with the pumpkin notebooking pages below. There is a section on observation that the student can use as prompts.
Download The Pumpkin & Pumpkin Observation
These pumpkin notebooking pages can be used for notes, copywork, writings on pumpkins, stories, etc.
Download Pumpkin Notebooking Pages
Another one for the younger crowd. 🙂 There are two selections of copywork in this download. The first is titled, Five Little Pumpkins and the other is titled, A Pumpkin Story. They both include:
- A narration outline
- A question or two on capitalization pertaining to proper nouns
- I included a couple matching notebooking pages in case more room was needed for the copywork.
Download Pumpkin Copywork
Cute clipart (c)Lisa at CountryClipArt.com
i was for some reason unable to down looad the discontented pumpkin and the copy worksheet but was able to down load the others and thank you so much for them
Teresa, I sent you an email. 🙂
Thank you so much for all of the pumpkin printables. This is my first visit to your blog. It looks like a gem.
It is my pleasure. Thanks Annette for stopping by. I hope you enjoy the printables.
You're welcome. 🙂
Wow! Thanks so much for these great resources!
Tina from Mommynificent
IDEA Anchorage Area Families
Anchorage Life Learners (homeschoolers)